Monthly Archives: February 2012
Ok….now I have SEVERAL issues with not only this flyer, but this concept the idea, the name, and hell even the fact that the party is taking place on Martin Lutheran King Dr. I mean come on people you have got to be kidding me…The battle of the complexions. Reasons like this is why there is so much dis-unity in the black community. I mean we cannot even move past the slave mentality that is air-apparent and still very prevalent where we are divided on the basis of skin tone, and we even go as far to say the tone of our skin still equates to a hierarchy in terms in terms of beauty and self worth among African Americans. To be honest images and concepts such as this just simply disgust me and I am embarrassed by this to say the least. It’s 2012 and we in the black community still have a complex about our complexion and we are still slaves on the plantation of the mind. It’s sad to be honest and we really need to let go of this light skin vs. dark skin state of mind and way of thinking. We have got to do better people.
And this is just like WOOOOOOOW, REALLY DUDE…..”GAME OVER MAN…GAME OVER” lol It’s offensive it’s funny.
This is a video from the Detroit 300, a Local group of men from Detroit who have come together a vigilant force in the city to help protect & keep watch over our city and communities. I personally feel that more men should step and take action much like the Detroit and help make a positive change in their community.
Congratulations to Octavia Spencer for winner the Oscar for best Supporting Actress for her role in the movie “The Help.” Even though I am clearly not a fan of the movie and their portrayal of African Americans I am proud to see our African American sister and the academy recognizing her talent. I wish her all the success in the world. Below is an article from the Huffington Post recalling more detailed information about Octavia and her rise to Oscar Glory.
So I try to make it a point to learn as much as can everyday that I am alive, because I feel that learning & Curiosity are tools to expanding the human mind. So today here are 3 quick things that I have learned before 1:30pm.
Things I’ve Learned Today:
1. a 16yr old tried to car jack someone today, fired shots at the car and hit a 6yr old that was in the back seat.
2. Pink Slime which is a concoction of discarded meat and ammonia hydroxide is used in the VAST majority of processed beef(fast food & restaurants) in this country…EWWWWW
3. Processed Chickens in this country are treated in a bath of water and CHLORINE to chill and treat them before they are packaged and shipped and to mask the taste of chlorine they inject the chickens with salt water…UGGHHHH
Needless to say these things were shocking and I learned them all before 1:30 pm. The More you know.
1. Go to the google homepage and sign into your account.
2. Click the dropdown menu next to your name in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
3. Click accounts settings
4. Find the “Services section”
5. Under “Services” there is a sub-section that reads “View, enable, disable web history.” Click the link next to it that reads: “Go to Web History.” (Note: When you click “Go to Web History” you may be taken to a page which gives you the options “Turn Web History On”/”No Thanks”: Click “Turn Web History On” and you will finally be taken to step 6 below) 6. Click on “Remove all Web History”